Recipe: Vegan Pasta
This is one of my all time favorite pasta dishes. It’s really high in good carbs and protein too (from the beans and nutritional yeast). It’s easy to make, and keeps well as left overs. It also happens to be vegan. I’m only a 75% vegan, but try, mostly because it holds me accountable to eating healthier in general.
- Red pepper
- Can diced tomatoes
- Cannelini beans
- Bertolli basil & olive oil
- Fresh kale
- Nutritional yeast
- Your favorite whole wheat pasta noodles
- Cook onion and garlic in pan with a little oil until soft.
- Add red pepper and continue cooking until soft.
- Throw in tomatoes, bean, kale and sauce and continue cooking until heated thoroughly.
- Add yeast and mix throughly.
- Cook noodles according to direction on box.
Serve with some parmesan cheese (optional) and enjoy!