The 2014 Holiday Challenge Winners!
If you participated in the 2014 Holiday Running Challenge, great job! No matter how far you ended up running, hopefully you logged more miles than you would have otherwise.
Challenges, of any kind, are always motivating to me. During the past two months, I didn’t get to run as much as I would have liked due to an injury. I’ve been nursing an old achilles injury that finally caught up with me post TCM. It would seem that a month of really low mileage didn’t help. I finally went to see a PT, and I’m hoping things are back on track.
But enough about that, here are the 2014 Holiday Challenge Winners… but first some stats.
Holiday Challenge by the Numbers
If you don’t care about this, you can skip to the winners below.
From November 4, 2014 through January 1, 2015, 253 of you participated in the Holiday Challenge. As you know, you needed to log at least 100 miles to be eligible for the prizes.
About half of you (118) logged at least 100 miles (and another dozen or so were really, really close). Way to go!
There were 3,095 total entries, which averages out to 8.9 miles per entry. I don’t know what that means, but it’s interesting, right?
Tim L wins the award for running the most miles… an insane 643.3 miles! That’s almost 11 miles a day! Jared V and Mark Martinsen were well over 500 miles as well.
In total, all of you collectively ran 27,622.68 miles. GOOD WORK! How far is that? To put it in perspective, here are a few arbitrary comparisons.
- The Earth is 24,859.82 miles around. We ran around it 1.1 times.
- Parents are reported to drive their kids around almost 27,000 miles from birth to age 20.
- We ran back and forth to Duluth 893.
- We ran 1,054.3 marathons or 8,910 5Ks.
If your own sense of accomplishment isn’t enough, we partnered with a few great companies to provide you with some really cool prizes. Thanks to the following;
- 2 Valentine’s Day 5k entry from TCM
- Feetures Socks
- Louva arm warmers
- injinji compression socks
- Lifetime Fitness – 2015 MSP race entry
- Moji 360 Mini Massager
- Beyond Coastal active sun block
- $50 Gift Card to Road Runner Sports
- 4, 6 month Training Peaks accounts
- 1 month free coaching with Antonio Vega
- 1 pair of Skora Running Shoes
Finally, our winners are…
- Cupcake grandma – Valentine’s Day 5k entry from TCM
- Rick C – Valentine’s Day 5k entry from TCM
- Derek – Feetures Socks
- Tim L – Louva arm warmers
- stegil – injinji compression socks
- FAB4MS – Lifetime Fitness – 2015 MSP race entry
- Jana H – Moji 360 Mini Massager
- Adelheid k – Beyond Coastal active sun block
- tcd25024 – Road Runner Sports – $50 Gift Card
- David O – Training Peaks six month account
- carrotrunr – Training Peaks six month account
- Hardcore Mike – Training Peaks six month account
- ben from @_6run2 – Training Peaks six month account
- Angie8 – Coaching with Antonio Vega
- Amy K – Skora Running Shoes
If you’d like to see how the winners were chosen, watch this really cool video.
Also, if you’re not already signed up for the January Miles Challenge, enter your miles here and join!