A Quick & Easy Pistachio Crusted Red Snapper Recipe
Red snapper is a new discovery of mine, and I’ve added it to our meal rotation at least twice a week. This is a really easy to prepare, fast meal for when you want to eat healthily but have less than 15 minutes for dinner. I usually keep it really simple and serve mine with a frozen vegetable that I steamed in the microwave; often when I’m cooking fish it is because I am short on time!
Pistachio Crusted Red Snapper
Time: 15 minutes
8-10 oz red snapper fillet, cut into two equal portions
1/4 cup shelled pistachios (unsalted)
2 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smash the pistachios until they are in small pieces (pea-sized or smaller) by placing pistachios in a ziplock bag and pounding with a meat tenderizer. Alternatively, you could pulse them in a food processor or even just chop them up finely with a knife.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the 1 tbsp butter. Combine smashed pistachios, melted butter, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Spray a sheet pan with your non-stick spray, and lay your fish filets on it, skin side down. Cover filets with the olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper onto the flesh.
- Place pistachio mixture on top of the flesh of the fish, gently pressing down with a spoon or your hand. It will not completely stick to the fish, but because it has the butter in it, the mixture should stick together and rest on top of the fish easily.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of your fillets.
- Turn the broiler on, and broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to brown the pistachio crust. Pay close attention here- it will burn very easily! Check it often.