Recipe: Coconut Honey Granola
This honey coconut granola recipe comes together very quickly and provides a delicious snack or breakfast for the entire week. It’s perfect for busy runners and athletes!
I often make this recipe on a Sunday to either enjoy at work for an afternoon pick-me-up, or I will use it to top yogurt parfaits for breakfast with fresh berries. It’s one of the easiest meal prep recipes ever!
Honey Coconut Granola
Time: 10 minutes active, 40 minutes inactive
Serves: About 3 cups
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
1/4 cup raw pepitas
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/8 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut flakes, dark chocolate, dried cranberries, pepitas, and almonds.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the large bowl and mix until everything is coated. The coconut sugar might clump up a little, so be sure to break up clumps with your spoon until it is very well combined.
5. Put a sheet of parchment paper on a sheet pan and spray with non-stick spray. Spread out oat mixture so that it is in a thin layer, and bake for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Spread into another thin layer, and bake for another 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Granola will easily break into small chunks once cooled.
Brown sugar can be substituted for coconut sugar.