The 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for Runners
It’s hard not to get wrapped up in the hype of the holiday season. There are crazy good deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and you can always find so many other good shopping deals during this time of the year. If you’re searching for a holiday gift or two for the runners in your life (or a gift or two to add to your own wish list), you’ve come to the right place.
Runners are an eclectic group of people. We voluntarily wake up early on weekends, spend hours at a time running nowhere, and pay hard earned money to run anywhere from 3.1 miles to 26.2. Luckily, when it comes to holiday gifts, runners are a pretty easy group to please.
Below we’ve compiled a wish list of items and gear we thought would be fun to add to our holiday wish list (and would also make any runner very happy to receive). Happy shopping!
The 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for Runners
For you or that special runner in your life!
- Give the gift that keeps on giving and buy yourself a Bear Mattress! (Psst…your partner will appreciate it, too!)
- At least three times a week, I make something out of the Run Fast Eat Slow cookbook by Shalane Flanagan and Elise Kopecky. The food is not only good but good for you. On a scale of 1 – 10, I’d give the recipes a 4 in terms of simplicity to make (10 being way too hard). Some of the recipes call for fancy ingredients, but you can easily substitute if you don’t want to use Teft flour in the delicious Teft flour cookies or miso in the tasty miso paste dressing. (You’ll regret it though!)
- Keep your favorite runner warm and visible in this super cool, super reflective . Nearly the entire jacket is made from reflective material (aside from the black, mesh panels to keep things cool) to ensure people, cyclists, and cars will see you in the dark. Plus, it’s way more stylish than that blinky safety vest! (Psst…Proviz makes all sorts of other cool reflective gear, too.)
- I’m totally hooked on our Amazon Echo. I primarily use it for music in the kitchen, but there are a ton of other cool things you can do with it too. Amazon Echo is basically a voice-activated assistant – kind of like Siri for your iPhone. It is really good at listening and doing what you want and makes my life with three kids much easier!
- As a kid, I hated getting socks or underwear for Christmas. It felt like a punishment. Now, I love it! It’s a great excuse to spent $20 – $30 on a pair of technical undies. Worth every penny, ESPECIALLY if you’re looking to build your winter running gear wardrobe
- On a related note, when was the last time you replaced your socks? Nice Laundry Socks are, well, super nice! They are available in a wide range of colors and styles and are both cozy and functional. I love these retro-looking Tech Varsity Crew Socks; congratulations, family, you’re all getting these in your stockings this year!
- Show your love for Minneapolis Running with this Minneapolis Running t-shirt! They’re super comfy and have our iconic logo on the front. Free shipping, too!
- If t-shirts aren’t your thing, this Minneapolis Running hoodie is super soft and great to slide into after a cold winter run (trust us)! They run a tad small and offer more of a fitted than boxy fit.
- Another great stocking-stuffer for a runner would be a case of their favorite gel, Gu, energy bar or electrolyte tablet. Stop by your local running store and see if they can order your preferred flavors for you, or find one on Amazon.
- I can think of a lot of cool uses for a GoPro Hero 4. Obviously not just for runners. Maybe I could strap it to my toddler and see what he sees for a few hours? Or put it on a helium balloon and fly it over the St. Paul Winter Carnival?
- Last but not least, the Garmin Fenix 5S Saphire is the ultimate multisport GPS watch. Complete with wrist heart rate monitor, long battery life, Bluetooth compatibility, and more data points than you can shake a stick at. This watch would be very appreciated by runners everywhere!
Your Holiday Gift List?
What items are on your holiday shopping list for the runners in your life?