Your Minnesota March Race Calendar
Spring is here! Well, not really, but at least the “technical” definition of spring will be upon us in just a few weeks. While the weather and temperature surely doesn’t indicate that we can put away our winter running gear just yet, perhaps this list of “spring” races in March will help get rid of winter.
Below is a list of many of the races happening around the Twin Cities this month. You’ll notice MANY Irish themed races. Find one (or two) that fit with your schedule and get outside. The weather has to be nice eventually!
March 1, Saturday
- Plunge 5K (Minneapolis) – Looking for a “cool” way to beat the winter blues? Switch off your treadmill and head outside for the fourth annual Plunge 5K!
- White Bear Winter Frolic 5K (White Bear Lake)
March 2, Sunday
- Lifetime Indoor Triathlon (Fridley and Lakeville)
March 8, Saturday
- 100% Irish for a Day TC 5K & TC 10 Mile (Minneapolis) – Not Irish? No problem! Join us for the TC 5K or TC 10 and be 100% Irish for a Day.
- Hockey Hair Run 5k (Minneapolis)
March 9, Sunday
- Lifetime Indoor Triathlon (Eden Prairie and Maple Grove)
March 15, Saturday
- Everybody’s Irish 5K (Minneapolis) – This race benefits Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. Kick off St. Patty’s Day right with a stroll around Lake Calhoun.
- Get Lucky Half Marathon & 7K (St. Paul)
- Jake O’Connor’s Luck ‘o’ the Lake 5K (Excelsior)
- Shake Your Shamrock 8K and 5K (Centerville)
- Sauk Rapids Shamrock Shuffle 7k and 10mi (Sauk Rapids)
March 16, Sunday
- Lifetime Indoor Triathlon (Eagan)
- St Patrick Irish Traditions 5K – Celebrating Friendship/Love/Loyalty (St. Paul) – Runners & walkers will be demonstrating the power of RxExercise to improve lives and loving-loyal relationships, especially the many who are living well beyond health challenges like arthritis, brain injuries, cancer, diabetes, depression & heart disease with RxExercise shared with loved ones.
March 22, Saturday
- Lake Johanna 4 Mile (Arden Hills) – This is the first of the MDRA running series that tests your winter training.
- Monticello March Madness 5K Run/Walk (Monticello)
March 23, Sunday
- Lifetime Indoor Triathlon (St. Louis Park)
- RxExercise Ambassadorship by Charities Challenge (Anoka)
- Irish Run (St. Paul)
March 29, Saturday
- MDRA 7 Mile Race (Hopkins) – The Minnesota Distance Running Association presents the MDRA 7 Mile Race, a challenging early spring warm-up featuring hills and unpredictable weather.
- Spring Fever 5K Run/Walk (Blaine)
Your March Race
Are you signed up for a race in March? If so, which one? If not, what’s your next race? Share your goals in the comments below.
next half-marathon, she enjoys discovering healthy recipes on Pinterest, volunteering for Guild
Incorporated, networking, traveling, kickboxing, and zumba.
Latest posts by Lisa Fenske (see all)
- New Series: Meet Minneapolis Running’s Authors! - March 24, 2015
- Start Spring Training with a Race in April! The 2015, Minnesota April Race Calendar - March 13, 2015
- Kick off your 2015 Running Season with a March Race in Minnesota! - February 13, 2015