April Minnesota Race Calendar
You trudged your way through winter’s unyielding downpour of snow and freezing temperatures. Celebrate spring by participating in a race below. Hopefully you registered for a spring race awhile ago, but if not, we’ve got plenty for you to choose from. These are all of the races either!
April is unofficially the beginning or race season. If you’ve been looking for ways to get motivated and get back in shape, signing up for a race is sure to help with that! Also, don’t forget the great group run options as well.
April 5, Saturday
- Bunker Hills Run (Coon Rapids)
- Camp WannaRunaMileorMore (White Bear Lake) – Participate in a Half Marathon, 11K, 5K or Fun Run in the beautiful Bald Eagle Regional Park.
- MDRA Ron Daws 25K (Edina) – Run in the footsteps of 1968 Olympic marathoner Ron Daws, a ’60’s/’70’s Minnesota running icon, who trained over this same course.
- Visitation School Team Mutomo 5K (Mendota Heights) – Team Mutomo, a Convent of the Visitation student-run group, is hosting its fourth annual 5k Fun Run. The proceeds benefit the group’s trip to Africa in June.
April 7, Monday
- Design of Medical Devices 5K (Minneapolis)
April 12, Saturday
- Fred Kurz Memorial 10 Mile (Wayzata) – The starting times are handicapped for this race. The slowest runners start first and, ideally, all runners finish at about the same time.
- Goldy’s Run (Minneapolis)
- Run for Your Rights 5K (St. Paul)
- Run the Valley Race/Walk (Golden Valley)
- The Color Dash (Owatonna)
April 19, Saturday
- Bunny Hop 5K and Egg Hunt (Woodbury)
- Hair To There 5K (Wayzata) – The main objective for this race is to help raise awareness and funds in attempt to find a cure for Alopecia Areata, a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body.
- Hot Chocolate 15K/5K (Minneapolis)
- Minneapolis Recycle Run 5K (Minneapolis)
- Resurrection Walk & Run 5K (Ham Lake)
- The Dragon Chase 5K (Mounds View)
- Y Run 5K and 10K (Minneapolis)
- Schells Earth Day Half (St. Cloud)
April 20, Sunday
- Easter Sunday – Rise ‘n’ Shine 5K (St. Paul)
April 26, Saturday
- Anoka County 4-H Clover Dash (Andover)
- Bill Gallagher Memorial 5K (Anoka)
- Cemstone Run for Others (Mahtomedi)
- Get in Gear Half Marathon, 10k, 5k (Minneapolis) – Minnesota’s 37th Annual Rite of Spring and one of the largest 10k’s in the country!
- Run for the Lakes Half Marathon & 10k, & 5k (Brainerd)
- New Hope WT 5K (Plymouth)
- Run or Dye (St. Paul)
- Running of the Pigs (St. Paul) – This is the ultimate race for non-racers and it brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints. There is a 5K and a fun Mascot Run.
- To Run For Hope (Woodbury)
- Chippewa 10K & 50K (Moraine Center)
April 27, Sunday
- Challenge Happiness 5K (St. Paul) – Actively pursue happiness by participating in the 5K run or 1.5 walk. The races mission is to defeat depression with exercise.
April 28, Sunday
- Hamline Cares 5K (St. Paul)
If you know of other races that aren’t on our calendar, please feel free to add them! Are you running a race in April? Let us know in the comments below, or via Twitter or Facebook so we can wish you good luck!
next half-marathon, she enjoys discovering healthy recipes on Pinterest, volunteering for Guild
Incorporated, networking, traveling, kickboxing, and zumba.
Latest posts by Lisa Fenske (see all)
- New Series: Meet Minneapolis Running’s Authors! - March 24, 2015
- Start Spring Training with a Race in April! The 2015, Minnesota April Race Calendar - March 13, 2015
- Kick off your 2015 Running Season with a March Race in Minnesota! - February 13, 2015